Video installation at Leeds University by Hui-Hsuan Hsu, assisted by Lumen Arts
Lumen requires a highly motivated Audio-Visual Technician to support our Autumn / Winter 2015 events calendar. The AV Technician will be highly organised, reliable with a background of working with projection, projection-mapping, audio, gallery installation & live events.
Tenure: Temporary contract from October 1st to December 31st 2015, with a view to a permanent contract for 2016.
Start date: October 1st 2015.
Salary: £20,748 pro-rata.
Hours: 30 hours per week. Hours are flexible as required to fulfil the tasks of the post, including weekend and evening work. Additional hours may be required for which overtime is payable.
Deadline for applications is 5pm, September 1st 2015.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Technical co-ordination of technician work and large-scale projects where Lumen is responsible for installation / de-rig of equipment
– Technical co-ordination of Lumen’s own events, including (but not limited to) projections (including outdoor), exhibitions, festivals, screenings, talks, performances
– Arrange delivery and collection of equipment from hire clients as required
– Support the development, administration and delivery of artistic and technical projects
– Support the day-to-day equipment hire from Lumen’s AV resource, including checking out and return of equipment
– Deal with customer enquiries and develop enquiries into a deliverable project plan
– Help promote and develop Lumen’s creative technical and Audio Visual resource
– Proven track record and/or relevant qualification in the operation of audio-visual equipment for installation, exhibition, performance and presentation
– Working knowledge of a wide-range of audio-visual equipment and software
– A passion for film/moving image/sonic artwork
– Good understanding of arts presentation, with excellent production standards.
– Clear understanding of heath and safety issues relating to technical equipment, event structures and related hazards
– Experience of working on own initiative, and prioritising workloads effectively
– Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
– Ability to work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
– Ability and willingness to operate heavy equipment, and a clear understanding of associated health and safety issues
– Excellent people management skills, including managing staff, volunteers, technicians and other sub-contractors
– Highly motivated, and committed to delivering projects to the highest possible standards
– Flexible, and willing to work outside of office hours when required
– A highly personable and client-centric approach
– Full, clean, UK Driving Licence
Lumen is currently based in offices in Holbeck, Leeds. This role will be predominately be based out of the office delivering events, mainly within Leeds.
Occasional travel may be necessary for this role. Candidates should be willing to travel regionally and nationally as required.
If you have any queries regarding this job description, please contact James Islip / 0113 2469850 / email@example.com